Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Lead - P&C
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Compliance and Operational
Risk Testing Lead - P&C for either our remote, Plano, TX,
Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL or San Antonio location. Leads and motivates
cross-functional team members in strategy development and
implementation of compliance solutions. Independently performs
complex and often unique work assignments and problem resolution
within a CoSA and enterprise projects. Serves as the subject matter
expert to ensure documents, projects, processes, and product
initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and
enterprise policy. Job Requirements ABOUT USAA USAA knows what it
means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of
U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission
requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In
each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best
Companies to Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top
10 Military Friendly-- Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace
a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran
spouses to apply. ABOUT USAA COMPLIANCE TEAM As a member of the
second line of defense, oversees the execution of independent
testing under the Enterprise Testing program methodology to ensure
departmental process and activities comply with applicable rules,
regulations, policies, and procedures. The incumbent will compile
and retain well documented workpapers to create accurate and
concise written reports including issues, root cause, and
recommended course of action. See what it's like to work for a
company where your passion meets our purpose: USAA Careers *
Reviews laws and regulations for business impact and completes risk
* Leads and motivates cross functional team members in strategy
development and implementation of compliance solutions.
* Utilizes advanced leadership and collaborative skills in
interacting with compliance stakeholders or regulatory
* Fosters cooperation across team and organizational units.
* Builds consensus and morale through understanding of underlying
team dynamics and by promoting development of team
* Anticipates and identifies future needs, opportunities and
potential solutions, and leads crossfunctional teams through the
problem resolution process.
* Directs analyses and root cause identification; develops and
recommends compliance solutions impacting the enterprise.
* Establishes aggressive goals for the organization and monitors to
* Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or
* Advises senior management on issues and has authority to make
project related decisions.
* Develops, designs and delivers compliance strategies to senior
leadership; negotiates solutions with leadership.
* Develops and delivers all types of messages effectively.
* Ensures proper implementation of business requirements and
identifies outstanding compliance issues.
* Develops action plans for advancing compliance initiatives and
for resolving outstanding compliance issues.
* Anticipates how the organization must adapt to changes in the
industry to sustain competitive advantage.
* Applies expert knowledge of the business, its products and
* Maintains expert knowledge of the competitive/regulatory
landscape and the company's key challenges.
* Serves as the primary resource for crossfunctional team members
on escalated issues of a unique nature.
* Serves as the technical expert, providing direction to others on
complex issues, and mentoring team members.
* Demonstrates awareness of personal leadership style and works to
achieve quality results by motivating and inspiring highly skilled
team of compliance professionals.
* Builds processes and relationships that facilitate productive
* Coordinates and responds to regulatory requirements and requests,
and ensures the execution of conduct examinations.
* Accountable for achieving business objectives and results;
provides guidance to crossfunctional team members to ensure goal
achievement and team success. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS * Bachelor's
degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond
the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 8 or more years of industry experience.
* 3 years of leadership experience.
* Expert knowledge of relevant regulatory data sources.
* Expert knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques.
* Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and of
* Subject-matter-expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to
include Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
* Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS * In-depth knowledge of Property & Casualty
Insurance Regulatory Requirements
* Prior Property Casualty testing experience preferred
* 8 or more years of relevant work experience in Audit, Compliance,
* Experience with drafting and implementing testing scripts
* Strong strategic, problem solving, and analytical skills
* Confidence and ability to structure, summarize, present and
defend recommendations and outcomes
* Excellent relationship building skills The above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job. At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits
package in the business, including a flexible business casual or
casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision
plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals. Relocation assistance
is not available for this position. For Internal Candidates: Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
06/27/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Sarasota , Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Lead - P&C, Other , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!