Company: FirstService Residential
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Perform duties to ensure that all mechanical systems and
equipment are operational and properly maintained and all common
areas are maintained in a clean condition, working within the
limits of prescribed routines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work from instructions and complete daily work orders and
- Perform minor and routine maintenance replacement and repairs
in areas of carpentry, electrical work, HVAC, plumbing, mechanical,
painting, flooring, and other building repairs.
- Paint common areas and touch up as required. Inspect areas that
need paint and advise manager.
- Perform casual labor, such as lifting/moving heavy items as
directed by supervisors and following appropriate safety
- Inspect all assigned areas daily and report all maintenance
discrepancies or deficiencies to Supervisor.
- Maintain assigned equipment in good working condition.
- Perform a variety of janitorial duties including but not
limited to cleaning restrooms, assigned areas and emptying and
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of
personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain
workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual
equipment or operating problems and the need for additional
material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to
integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve
problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to
new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as
instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related
duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalency preferred and two years general
experience in building trades, repair and maintenance work; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety
procedures prior its use.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to respond to emergencies on a timely manner
- Ability to drive to different locations as needed
Tools & Equipment Used
Use mops, cleaning solutions, water and foam hoses, scrub pads,
brushes, brooms, hand tools, and personal protective equipment as
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position works under indoor and outdoor conditions and exposed
to elements including but not limited to, chemicals, odor, weather
and environmental conditions. The associate must be able to work in
an upright standing position for long periods of time, and must be
able to sit, walk, crawl, climb, reach with hands and arms and lift
up to 100 lbs. The incumbent must be able to quickly and easily
navigate the property/building as required to meet the job
functions and must be able to detect auditory and/or visual
emergency alarms. The incumbent must be able to work extended and
flexible hours and weekends as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Work may involve some driving to different locations as needed.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description;
therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign
schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: FirstService Residential, Sarasota , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!