Certified Surgical OR Technician
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Description This position is eligible for a $10,000 sign on
bonus!IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that invests
in you as a(an) Certified Surgical OR Technician? At HCA Florida
Sarasota Doctors Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has
committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible
team members over the course of three years.BenefitsHCA Florida
Sarasota Doctors Hospital, offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Certified Surgical OR Technician
like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
Certified Surgical Technician (OR
Tech) We are seeking a Surgical Technician. As a Surgical or
Operating Room Tech, you greet our patients, comfort them and
transport them to the surgical suite. Once in the operating room,
you will perform technical duties to assist in preparing and caring
for our surgical patients. You will join an amazing team of caring,
close knit surgical professionals! Typical duties may include:
- You will assemble supplies and equipment needed for surgical
- You will prepare sterile instrument table for your
- You will assist in positioning patients and preparing patient's
skin for surgery.
- You will maintain sterile techniques and actively monitor
situations that could lead to breaches in sterile technique.
- During procedures, you will assist the surgical team. This may
include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- During procedures you will also assist in the monitoring the
- After the procedure, you will gather equipment for cleaning and
- Graduate of an approved surgical technologist program
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist required. (CAAHEP,
- BLS Required (American Heart or American Red Cross)
- Hospital based Surgical Tech experience preferred.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 poundsThis role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida Sarasota Doctors Hospital is located in
Sarasota County, FL. We were founded in 1967 and are a 150 bed
hospital. Our patients receive resort-style treatment in our
coastal location. We offer the best resources and opportunities.
Our professional atmosphere is what you've been seeking. Join our
colleagues and be part of the caring, integrity and
professionalism. HCA Florida Sarasota Doctors Hospital is a great
place to work. We offer excellent benefits and competitive
salaries. Our hospital is on a beautiful campus that provides a
comfortable setting. We are a top 100 hospital by Thomson Reuters.
We have been named a top 100 places to work by Modern Healthcare.
We received the Everest Award for being both a top 100 hospital
current performance winner and one of the 100 most improved
hospitals on their five year trend performance. We have been named
by Becker's Hospital Review among the top 100 hospitals with great
orthopedic programs. We hope you'll consider our careers at HCA
Florida Sarasota Doctors Hospital. HCA Healthcare has been
recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the
Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA
Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery
of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist,
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Certified Surgical OR Technician opening.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your
resume today to join our community of caring!We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Sarasota , Certified Surgical OR Technician, Professions , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!