Certified Surgical Technician
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Description IntroductionAre you passionate about the patient
experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for
patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family!
Jump-start your career as a(an) Certified Surgical Technician today
with HCA Florida Sarasota Doctors Hospital.BenefitsHCA Florida
Sarasota Doctors Hospital, offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Certified Surgical Technician. We care
for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our
colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable
organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and QualificationsCertified
Surgical Technician (OR Tech)We are seeking a Surgical Technician.
As a Surgical or Operating Room Tech, you greet our patients,
comfort them and transport them to the surgical suite. Once in the
operating room, you will perform technical duties to assist in
preparing and caring for our surgical patients. You will join an
amazing team of caring, close knit surgical professionals! Typical
duties may include:
- You will assemble supplies and equipment needed for surgical
- You will prepare sterile instrument table for your
- You will assist in positioning patients and preparing patient's
skin for surgery.
- You will maintain sterile techniques and actively monitor
situations that could lead to breaches in sterile technique.
- During procedures, you will assist the surgical team. This may
include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- During procedures you will also assist in the monitoring the
- After the procedure, you will gather equipment for cleaning and
- Graduate of an approved surgical technologist program
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist required. (CAAHEP,
- BLS Required (American Heart or American Red Cross)
- Hospital based Surgical Tech experience preferred.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds This role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida Sarasota Doctors Hospital is located in
Sarasota County, FL. We were founded in 1967 and are a 150 bed
hospital. Our patients receive resort-style treatment in our
coastal location. We offer the best resources and opportunities.
Our professional atmosphere is what you've been seeking. Join our
colleagues and be part of the caring, integrity and
professionalism. HCA Florida Sarasota Doctors Hospital is a great
place to work. We offer excellent benefits and competitive
salaries. Our hospital is on a beautiful campus that provides a
comfortable setting. We are a top 100 hospital by Thomson Reuters.
We have been named a top 100 places to work by Modern Healthcare.
We received the Everest Award for being both a top 100 hospital
current performance winner and one of the 100 most improved
hospitals on their five year trend performance. We have been named
by Becker's Hospital Review among the top 100 hospitals with great
orthopedic programs. We hope you'll consider our careers at HCA
Florida Sarasota Doctors Hospital. HCA Healthcare has been
recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the
Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA
Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery
of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "The great hospitals will always put the patient and the
patient's family first, and the really great institutions will
provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the
individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Certified Surgical Technician opening. We promptly
review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be
contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Sarasota , Certified Surgical Technician, Professions , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!