Certified Surgical Technician PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description Do you want to be a part of a family and not just
another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where
diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and
find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. Our Surgical
Service teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have
a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise! At HCA
Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a
difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we
do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and
to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where
patient focus is number one, apply now! We offer you an excellent
total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team
and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits
include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability,
tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock
purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
opportunity. The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of
technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for
pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may
include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Qualifications
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist required.
- Hospital Surgical Tech experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long
periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds Founded in 1967, Sarasota Doctors
Hospital is a 155-bed facility located on a wooded campus, minutes
west of I-75. We have earned our reputation by caring for people as
individuals, not just treating their medical problems. All of our
rooms are private. Modern Healthcare Magazine has voted Doctors
Hospital of Sarasota Best Places to Work in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012,
2013, 2015 & 2016! Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a
leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient
encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We
care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of
Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In
2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery
of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are
actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will
be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit
your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
[EEOC]We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Sarasota , Certified Surgical Technician PRN, Professions , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!