Fleet Maintenance Supervisor- 114
Company: Waste Pro, USA
Posted on: June 12, 2019
Waste Pro of Florida in Sarasota has an immediate opening for a
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor. The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is
eligible to receive a $2,000.00 Sign on Bonus and is eligible for
yearend and referral bonuses! Compensation based on experience and
To assist in your career development, Waste Pro Technicians are
eligible to receive a monthly tool allowance of up to $50.00 per
month and a $150.00 per year boot allowance!
Our benefits package includes Health, Dental, Vision and Life
Insurance; a 401k Plan, Disability Insurance; Vacation, Holiday and
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising a
team of maintenance shop employees and directing the workflow to
ensure the safety and productivity of Waste Pro vehicles, equipment
and / or containers. This role may act as manager-on-duty in the
absence of other managerial personnel and handles a broad array of
1. Supervises team of employees who are responsible for the repair,
installation and maintenance of Waste Pro machinery and heavy duty
equipment, including but not limited to, Rear Load, Front Load,
Roll Off, Grapple, Portable Restrooms, and Containers.
2. Participates in the safety lane process, reviews DVIR's (Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports), determines repair priorities, assigns
and reviews work of several mechanics. Inspects trucks and tools
and monitors maintenance activities, verifying the quality of work
performed to ensure safety and productivity procedures are
3. Prepares and reviews all repair orders to ensure that labor,
materials, and parts are properly charged and work is completed
according to established guidelines. Maintains logs of repairs
performed on each vehicle.
4. Recommends hiring actions, coach, counsel and evaluate
performance, identify training opportunities, monitor and track
employee attendance, complete disciplinary actions/meetings and
apply Positive Leadership principles. Trains employees in proper
work methods, equipment operation, and enforces safety rules and
5. Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with the
managers, drivers, helpers, mechanics and admin etc
6. Identify equipment and parts needs and procures parts, within
assigned spending limits, necessary to complete repairs. Refers
larger purchases or major repairs to Maintenance Manager as
7. Diagnoses mechanical problems and performance repairs and
maintenance on Waste Pro equipment to maximize safe and productive
operations. Reviews and completes repairs identified on DVIR and/or
repair orders. Road test vehicles to diagnose problems and confirm
Essential Functions- The statements above are intended only to
describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed
as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
***Primary Shift 3:00pm - 12:30am***
* Shop environment including, but not limited to, machines, tools,
heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust and fumes.
* Exposure to chemical and residential waste.
* Inside facility, outside environment exposed to weather and
vibrations from trucks and maintenance facility.
* Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
* Knowledge and ability to diagnose and repair engine,
transmission, brake, suspension, electrical, hydraulic, body
components and systems related to Heave Duty and Light Duty
* Knowledge of fuel systems.
* Minimum 3 years supervisory experience in a fleet with a minimum
5 technicians reporting to the supervisor on a daily basis.
* Minimum 5 years' experience as a technician/mechanic in a truck
fleet or heavy equipment environment.
* Extra consideration for those with industry experience.
* ASE Medium Duty Truck Master tech certification and CDL a plus.
Must obtain CDL within 9 months of employment if not already on
hand. Must meet Waste Pro requirements to operate trucks and other
* A high school diploma or G.E.D. certification and two years of
vehicle / hydraulic maintenance or welding experience;
Physical Requirements (but not limited to)
* Push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds, and
occasionally must work at shoulder level with equipment weighing up
to 25 pounds.
* Walking, Jogging, Twisting, Crouching, Lifting
* Sufficient stamina for steady work pace throughout the day
* Able to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment as mandated by
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Waste Pro, USA, Sarasota , Fleet Maintenance Supervisor- 114, Professions , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!