Route Sales Driver
Company: Borden Dairy Company
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Position: Route Sales Driver
Reports to: Distribution Supervisor
Summary: Responsible for delivery and restocking of milk products
to retail stores and/or wholesale distribution locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely load, unload, and deliver products at each account.
- Drive truck over established route to deliver, stock, and stage
product at customer locations.
- Set up merchandise and sales promotion displays and deliver
promotional material to customers.
- Verify shipment accuracy and saleable condition of product.
- Resolve discrepancies and customer complaints.
- Collect empty containers, rejected, or unsold merchandise for
- Complete daily inventory, orders, delivery invoices, and proof
of delivery as required.
- Perform Motor Vehicle Inspections on truck to conform to DOT
regulations and company policy and assist with routine maintenance
- Exhibit courteousness toward customers, work cooperatively with
co-workers and supervisors, maintain neat appearance, and follow
established policies and direction of management.
- Maintain vehicle and hours of service logs as required by
- Maintain reliable attendance and consistent work hours.
NOTE: This job description does not imply that the above functions
are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be
expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions
and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 6 months verifiable experience driving Class A or Class B
commercial vehicle preferred.
- Experience in product delivery and customer service
- Ability to read, write, perform basic mathematical
calculations, and accurately record data required.
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and
varying shifts, as required.
- Must be able to frequently stand, walk, kneel, reach, climb,
pull, and bend.
- Must be able to routinely lift over 60 pounds and push/pull up
to 300 pounds with a hand-held hook.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have Class A or B commercial drivers license with Air
Brake endorsement (must also possess a valid Medical Examiners
Certificate in accordance with FMCSA Part 391.41 prior to operating
a commercial motor vehicle for Borden Dairy Company).
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
- Must be able to work in hot and cold climates, both indoors and
outdoors and on refrigerated trucks.
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill; however,
bilingual skills may be beneficial based on business necessity.
- We offer stable employment with excellent pay and benefits
- Excellent medical and retirement benefits
BORDEN DAIRY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Borden Dairy Company, Sarasota , Route Sales Driver, Professions , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!