Sr Analyst Tax Accounting- Property Tax
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: November 23, 2019
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.CLS
Band Generic Position SummaryAs a member of the professional staff,
the Senior Tax Analyst-Property Tax contributes specialized
knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance,
Human Resources, Information Resources, Operations Planning &
Support, and Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or
department business objectives. Generally, works under limited
supervision, but within established guidelines, producing and
analyzing more complex business information to assist in the
decision making process.Specific Job SummaryThe Senior Tax
Analyst-Property Tax supports the Senior Tax Manager and Director
to ensure accurate and timely compliance with all real and personal
property tax processes and laws for Marriott Vacations Worldwide
("MVW"). This includes the review, filing, and payment of over
2,000+ property tax assessments.CLS Generic Expected Contributions
- Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for
business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects,
business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more
complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department
and/or business results. May direct work of non-management
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results
- identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of
- providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff,
where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem
- participating in setting department operating plans.
- recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- achieving results against budget within scope of
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for
improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills
- Performs other duties as appropriate.Specific Expected
- Manages and maintains the property tax compliance
- Reviews property tax valuations and assessments and assists
with jurisdictional appeals and audits as necessary.
- Obtains, reviews, and validates asset data necessary for filing
personal property tax returns in various jurisdictions.
- Establishes, prepares, and coordinates property tax payment
requests for approved bills and ensures payment is timely, well
tracked, and properly documented.
- Receives, researches, and responds to property tax related
notices, inquiries and correspondences from internal and external
- Supports Management in the process of negotiating valuation
settlements/appeals with taxing jurisdiction and assists in
identifying tax saving opportunities.
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes data (in Microsoft excel) for
special reports, analytics, cash flow requirements, etc.
- Performs special projects as requested.CLS Generic Candidate
ProfileSuccessful candidates should possess knowledge and
experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship
skills as follows:Generally a professional position with specific
knowledge in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Finance, Human
Resources, Information Resources). College degree and/or relevant
experience typically required.Specific Candidate ProfileEducation
- Bachelor of Finance, Accounting or in a related discipline or
equivalent work experience
- CMI certification preferredExperience
- At least three (3) years of tax experience
- Strong Excel skills; ability to create large workbooks and
create formulas, macros, pivot tables
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, one-on-one,
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; detail
- Ability to work extended hours, especially during the tax
- Ability to work well in a team environment.Marriott Vacations
Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.Equal
Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Sarasota , Sr Analyst Tax Accounting- Property Tax, Professions , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!