Retail Sales Associate - Part Time
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis
Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated
multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is
built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry
by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of
the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a
consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's
house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer
segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted
national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of
edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal.
Sunnyside*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a
wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and
convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers.
Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of
the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the
industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and
Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that
all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity
to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a
focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer
satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis
industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly
adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of
cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of
professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
The Wellness Advisor of Sunnyside* Sarasota, FL will be responsible
for advising customers (recreational, medicinal and caregivers) in
selecting the proper cannabis products for their needs and act as
an ambassador of the company's mission to normalize,
professionalize and revolutionize cannabis. You will use your
customer service, product knowledge and adherence to state
compliance regulations to ensure a best-in-class experience.
Wellness Advisors are responsible for the customer lifecycle from
check-in to consultation, order fulfillment to checkout. In this
role, compliance with applicable state and company regulations will
be at the forefront of all tasks.
At Sunnyside, we believe the employee experience is paramount to
all. With a strong focus on training, development, diversity and
authenticity, our employees experience both personal and
professional growth. As a Wellness Advisor, you will have:
- The opportunity to learn fundamental cannabis product knowledge
& industry compliance standards.
- The training to navigate different customer interactions and
- A unique sales experience leading with a consultative &
- Experience in a dynamic role that combines problem solving,
inventory management, teamwork, technical skills, and customer
service! Our dispensaries are typically open 7 days a week, and we
value flexibility to work across opening and closing shifts, as
well as weekends and holidays. Part-time schedules will be 15-25
hours a week, and typically based around peak hours.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are energetic, possess strong interpersonal skills and work
well with others. Collaboration is key to our team's success!
- You enjoy people! Consulting our customers, listening to their
needs and providing an exceptional experience is vital to achieving
- You are resilient and agile! You use challenges as
opportunities to acquire or master skills!
- You hold yourself to a high level of integrity. In an industry
that is highly regulated, we trust in our employee's commitment to
always do the right thing. CORE JOB DUTIES
- Greet customers, ensuring a best-in-class experience.
- Build customer relationships by asking questions about and
listening attentively to customer needs, fostering a welcoming and
- Assist customers in product selection through education of
different cannabis products and their varying impact on the human
- Apply effective selling and cross-selling techniques to build
- Verify proper documentation and ID for customers.
- Assist in verifying the accuracy of orders being dispensed to
customers in a timely fashion.
- Label and package customer orders.
- Perform accurate cash handling in the company's Point of Sale
system, following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain accurate records of all dispensary activities
including customer records, sales, deliveries and returns in
accordance with the state regulatory agency and the standards set
- Perform routine inventory counts of all products.
- Ensure product stock is organized and meets compliance
- Assist managers with organizing sales floor merchandise and
- Ensure security measures and safety compliance in the store
according to Company SOPs.
- Assist in keeping the store an organized and clean environment
for customers and team
- Escalate any employee or customer issues to management.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience in customer service; retail or
hospitality experience preferred.
- Flexibility to work shifts that may include opening, closing,
weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to engage with
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical and
product-related information in a professional consultative
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100
pounds with assistance). ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working
in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants
will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or
California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") Notice to Applicants:
Please read the California Employee Privacy Notice ("CA Privacy
Notice") regarding Sunnyside* and its affiliate Cresco Labs'
policies pertaining to the collection, use, and disclosure of
personal information. This CA Privacy Notice supplements the
to California resident employees and job applicants. Applicants
with disabilities may access this notice in an alternative format
by contacting CCPAnotice@crescolabs.com
Reporting a Scam:
Cresco Labs is aware of fictitious employment offers being
circulated from various sources. Many of these schemes consist of
an alleged offer of employment with Cresco Labs with the intention
of gaining personal information, including payment and/or banking
information. Be aware that fraudulent job offers and correspondence
may appear legitimate: they may feature a Cresco Labs logo, they
may appear to originate from an official-looking email address or
web site, or they may be sent by individuals purporting to
represent Cresco Labs or an entity which includes the word Cresco
Labs in its name.
Please note that Cresco Labs does not ask for payment or personal
banking information as a condition of employment. Any personal
information is requested for payroll or state badging purposes
only. Applications can be securely submitted through our career's
We are working diligently to block this from happening. Beware if
an offer of employment looks too good to be true. Never divulge
personal and banking information or send money if you are unsure of
the authenticity of an email or other communication in the name of
If you are in doubt, please contact us at
Reportemail@example.com with questions.
Keywords: Sunnyside, Sarasota , Retail Sales Associate - Part Time, Sales , Sarasota, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!